The aim of graduate and post graduate degree programs in Zoology is to train students for advance studies and develop human resource in recently emerging technological and inter disciplinary fields such as Genetic Engineering, Bioinformatics, Biodiversity, Wildlife and Conservations etc. Our aims and objectives are:
- To impart knowledge about the advances in major disciplines of Zoology.
- To teach different methods of exploration, investigation, organization of data and its utilization in practical life.
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills for better planning and management of animal resources, environment, health, medicine, agriculture and population in the country.
- To prepare and train students for advanced studies and specialization in recently emerging technological and interdisciplinary fields such as Genetic Engineering, Environmental Science, Biodiversity, Wildlife and Conservation etc. After completing the degree students will be able to apply knowledge to the respective fields more effectively.
- To develop the scientific attitude and demonstrate professional skills in teaching, research and managerial positions in wide range of professions in national and international organizations.